List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Todo for the release
From:       "Jos Poortvliet" <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-01-09 11:57:49

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 11:57 PM, Orville Bennett <illogical1@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > When do you think to be ready?
> >
> > The announcement itself is pretty close to done, I've filled in some
> > gaps last
> > night. It'll be finished by the end of next week, latest.
> >
> > The visual guide needs some more work, especially screenshots and
> > screencasts.
> Is there a list of things which need screenshots/screencasts?
> Over the Camp KDE week I'll definitely be able to help with this, just
> point me at a list and I think I'll be able to ease some of the
> burden. :-)
>
> The one issue with any screencasts I do might be the file type (.mov).
> If that is a problem i don't think I'd have a problem to transcode
> these using ffmpeg/mencoder.
> It may also be possible to tempt me into doing theora transcodes or
> whatever ogm/ogv uses.

I've made a list of screenshots and screencasts to be made. Sebas has
it, and he'll manage the work on it. There however are pretty
stringent rules concerning consistency - they all have to look the
same. You'll need a very up-to-date KDE, with default look & feel and
layout. It is most likely best to limit the number of different people
making the screenshots, and sebas is in control in this regard.