List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] kde 42 visual guide
From:       "Jos Poortvliet" <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-01-03 12:43:43

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 3:48 AM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo@kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday 02 January 2009, jospoortvliet@gmail.com wrote:
> > another invite to have a look at the visual guide! There are quite a few
> > pieces in BOLD on which I need feedback. There are questions about plasma,
> > games, edu and the lower-level library stuff.
>
> "You can detach a progress or notification by grabbing it by the title bar
> moving it onto the destop workspace. It will remain there until the notication
> times out, the download finishes or you decide to re-attach it by clicking the
> icon just left of the close button (this seems disabled in the last build of
> Plasma?). "
>
> no, it's still there.

Yeah, I noticed that after a recompile.

> "(this never works for me. Should it, or should I remove this paragraph?)"
>
> global shortcuts work just fine here?

Plasmoid shortcuts still don't here. I can navigate among widgets
using the tab key (lovely, just discovered that) but assigning
ctrl-alt-z to a certain folderview and using the keycombo simply seems
to reset keyboard focus in plasma :(

> "    * Plasma On Screensaver
> I'd love to write about this but it definitely doesn't work properly here...
> Will it for 4.2 final?
> "
>
> you'll have to define "work properly", but Chani did a great number of fixes
> in the last week to bring it to working status.

Hmm, last time I tried hitting the configure button, nothing
happened... I'll try again shortly before release.

> "    * Activity<->Virtual Desktop Affinity (no UI)
> It's cool but should I write about it? And how does it work? Aaron?  "
>
> no, you shouldn't write about it =) it's an experimental feature right now and
> not one i really want being publicized much for 4.2. it's there so we can
> start getting some user-testers on it (which they already have started
> doing!), but it's certainly not ready for prime-time, nor is it meant to be
> for 4.2.

Ok.

> "    * Keyboard Shortcut Config UI
> Doesn't do anything here. Should it? If it does, somebody can write about it
> (probably won't be me, won't have time)"
>
> it allows you to assign a keyboard shortcut to the widget. nothing fancier
> than that =) it's then up to the widget to do *something* when it's activated.

Yeah, I already wrote about it actually ;-)
Just a duplicate question, sorry about that... However, as I said a
couple of lines above, the plasmoid shortcuts don't actually work for
me.

> "* Jolie in Plasma - need to ask somebody to explain benefits more clearly..."
>
> this is another for-4.3 item.

Ok, tnx.

> hth in some small way..

hth?