List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE 4.2 Release Parties
From:       Jure Repinc <jlp () holodeck1 ! com>
Date:       2008-12-29 15:21:27

On Monday 29 of December 2008 08:53:39 Wendy Van Craen wrote:
> I love the idea of live streaming!  It would be so fantastic to have a live
> stream as sort of communication between the different events all over the
> world!
Now we only need to figure it out how to do it. It would be quite hard to
connect events this way, since they are not at the same time or even on the
same date. I also have no idea how to bring all the streams together. The best
way I could see it now is to just add links to the live streams to the Party
Locations list. And for those people who can't come to the party we could
maybe create a temporary IRC channel.

> 27th January is a little short notice though to organise an event and to
> buzz it.  So we better get some action :-)
Yeah, there is not much time :( Well I never thought it could be a world-wide
thing so I didn't start with this earlier. I only thought it would ne nice to
make some promotion for KDE in Slovenia and to bring the users together to
meet in real life. Well and we also have to do some promotion of Slovenian
Ministry of Culture which sponsored the translation into Slovenian :) So this
was like a perfect little opportunity ofr us.

Have a great time,
Jure "JLP" Repinc

--
JLP's Blog - http://jlp.holodeck1.com/blog/