List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] visual feature guide
From:       Giancarlo Niccolai <gc () falconpl ! org>
Date:       2008-12-15 20:11:07

Sebastian Sauer ha scritto:
> Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> > [edit] Libraries & development platform
> > * New Kross engine: Falcon
>
> What diserves some more lines then a one-liner imho cause falcon rocks
and we
> (KDE) do pioneer work here by being the first larger consumer (most
> distributions ship FalconPL already but business as usual it doesn't
got that
> much attention yet cause developers usually suck a PR :-)
>
> My proposal;
> We can probably come up with 3-5 sentences directed to developers to catch
> some attention and then link to http://www.falconpl.org which does provide
> tons of additional details, samples, etc.
>
> This mail was cc'd to Giancarlo who's the FalconPL mastermind and in
general
> an ueber-developer :)~ Any idea, Giancarlo, what may the most selling
words
> to describe why Falcon is better then anything else out there (guess
> the "procedural, object oriented, prototype oriented, functional,
tabular and
> message oriented" does describe it already pretty well but it's imho a
bit to
> abstract).
Uhm... I kinda love the idea.

Pitifully, I am currently dragged behind by a plethora of details and
I have not yet been able to complete the automatic binder, which will
generate automated and always up-to-date bindings.

I'd really need some help, as there are too many aspects in need of
care in this moment. Developers willing to try out Falcon and help in
developing some cool binding are the things I need the most.

I am in continual contact with Dennis Clarke, the manager of
Blastwave, the community project porting open source things to
OpenSolaris (we met because they were porting KDE)... and he's hooked
on Falcon. It's going to be the Language of Choice of the distro. He's
an excellent copywriter, so I think we can sort out some interesting
idea together.

If anyone is interested in helping out, we are already very advanced
in our automatic module binding system (it already works for C); it's
a matter to step in and help joining the numbered dots.

Let me think at something, and if you have any idea, plz tell me.

Giancarlo.