List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] social media plan
From:       "Jos Poortvliet" <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-12-07 11:02:30

Hi everybody,

Below the social media stuff we'd like to do. Input highly appreciated.

SMPR - tag KDE42, account KDEcommunity

Chanels:
digg, reddit, etc
when you use digg you can use shouts to contact other people to let
them digg the 4.2 release.
flickr
upload some screenshots and video's and urge people to do the same
youtube
upload screencasts and ask others to do the same; rate video's and viewing
facebook, linked-in, xing, hyves
put status on "a breath of fresh air on the desktop: kde 4.2 released'
and have stories in the right groups
twitter, identi.ca
tweet about it please!
delicious
friendfeed, noserub

Content we're spreading:
- KDE content: release annnouncement, visual guide, discover.kde.org,
screencasts and screenshots
- users: please create content!

preparation and planning:
We should start emailing kde promo to enable the shout feature.
On the day, we should get ppl to digg etc using:
- mailinglists
- planet blogs
- twitter
- dot story
- irc
- forum

Integration:
Dot: paragraph on how to help spread the news (link to digg story, ask
them to do youtube video replies etc)
Release announcement: how to help (short!)
visual guide: pervasive social media presence