List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Fwd: I'm Going To FOSDEM
From:       Olaf Schmidt <ojschmidt () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-11-25 12:40:02

Hi,

I accidentally discarded this message when moderating the kde-promo mailing
list, so I am forwarding it manually.

Olaf

["unnamed" (message/rfc822)]

Dearest KDE Promo Folk,

My name is Paul Adams. I am a KDE contributor; I provide KDE with lots
of red crosses on plots. Believe it or not there is some real science
behind the madness. Much of it can be found here:

http://hemswell.lincoln.ac.uk/~padams

I also:
* Sometimes help out at events (booth babe at FOSDEM 2007, organiser
Linux Expo Live, 2008, Camp KDE organiser)
* Spread bad taste and innuendo

I submitted a talk to Camp KDE. But am no-longer going to that event
so retracted my submission. I would like, instead, to present my talk
at FOSDEM (it's a very interesting one about using analysis of SVN
logs to help monitor the migration from SVN to GIT or whatever).

But there seems to be nothing happening on the FOSDEM front; I had to
ping Lydia to even get it up on events.k.o today. Me and big Will
Stephenson are planning to share a few ideas for FOSDEM over IRC
sometime this weekend. Once we have had some ideas we will share them
on this list. I am aware that the Barts are looking into FOSDEM; me
and the Willmeister have no desire to tread on their toes. We shall
share our ideas and then we can all hug.

My questions are:
- What is currently going on for FOSDEM?
- Do you want to join me and big Willy for a chat on IRC this weekend?
- Would you like a smashing talk on monitoring a migration away from
SVN?

Snuggles,
Paul

--=20