List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Konqueror browser promotion at BrowsingHabits.com
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-11-23 12:23:37

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Sunday 23 November 2008 12:05:56 Adarsh Kaushal wrote:
> Dear Jos,
>
> Thankyou for taking time to write to me.
> The purpose of this website (www.browsinghabits.com) is to share
> information among internet users worldwide, about different browsers and
> their capabilities. As I mentioned earlier, this will be a No-Profit,
> non-commercial website. A lot of people know only about IE, Firefox, Opera
> and Safari. It is because those browsers are heavily promoted through
> various means. A lot of people already know about extending their options
> to explore other browsers, however, there are many who are not aware about
> browsers such as Konqueror. My intentions are to highlight more options for
> web users. Familiarize them with good browsers such as Konqueror. The site
> is empty because I do not understand where to begin. I'm not too
> experienced with coding and designing websites. I contacted you thinking
> that we could inform web users about Konqueror browser and promote it
> through this website. The domain name is in itself pretty good. I know that
> websites related to 'useful information' rank pretty well on search
> engines. So, this could be a good idea to promote Konqueror. I will have a
> good looking website designed, thats not a problem. I'm doing all of this
> to promote good browsers which offer value to a web user. The whole world
> is lost in IE, Firefox and other browsers which are marketed heavily.
> Without your help and without good quality unique content, it is not
> possible to get good rankings on search engines and my pocket does not
> allow running PPC campaigns, etc. So, I may have to depend on search
> engines for traffic. It is totally upto you to show interest in
> contributing. If you don't find any value in this project, it is ok to
> reject. I will respect your decision in any case.

You're idea isn't bad at all - but it's usefulness will depend on
contributions.

Personally, I won't have much time to contribute to your site - maybe others
on this list do.

I can send you some links and a basic piece of information about konqi, if you
want. But then again, you can find those on wikipedia or on konqueror.kde.org.