List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Big Mac Attack
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-09-24 23:03:46

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi O,

On Thursday 25 September 2008 00:28:48 Big O wrote:
> Hey, so the last time I e-mailed the list I'd just finished providing
> 10.5 universal packages for Amarok 2.
> Now I'm coming to bother you about KDE 4.1.2 packages being available
> for OS X. Provided anyone in KDE proper lurking on the list cares (and
> replies in a timely manner) I'll make release packages available in
> time for the 4.1.2 anounce.

The packages will be available from mac.kde.org? Are you on the kde-packagers?
The packages should probably be added to the "Binary packages" section on the
release info page (for example http://kde.org/info/4.1.1.php#binary ), that's
usually coordinated on that list.

> A few things to note:
> - The two "supported" OS X's are 10.4 and 10.5 afaik, for both intel
> and ppc; this includes 64 and 32 bit archs. My packages, afaik only
> work on 32-bit OS's. I could be wrong though not having tested them
> and all.

I guess "supported" as in "might run on"? I prefer careful language ...?

> - KDE 4 is still in permanent beta on OSX. Keep that in mind if you
> consider adding any info about us in the release announcement.

Will do.

> - My nose is stuffy. Makes it hard to breath. Maybe I'm getting sick.

Have some juice and a good portion of sleep :)

Thanks,
--
sebas