List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Looking for moderators
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-08-26 17:42:24

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 26 August 2008 19:24:23 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Dimarts 26 Agost 2008, Mark Ziegler va escriure:
> > Am Dienstag, 26. August 2008 schrieb Rob la Lau:
> > > We (the people in the Cc and myself) are in the process of setting up a
> > > new forum for the KDE community (with the blessing of KDE e.V.).
> >
> > Why do you start a new forum?
> > There is http://www.kde-forum.de/ (german) and http://www.kde-forum.org/
> > (english), maybe some more. Both have not many posters.
>
> I'm with Mark here, i don't see why we need new forums and moreover why
> they need to be blessed by the e.V.

The 'current' forums (kde-forum.org and kde-forum.de) are undermaintained for
years. Things only moved when we asked for it. Now a team of moderators has
stood up to create The One True KDE forum, hosted on KDE infrastructure,
making it the official one. Having this makes it easier for us to control the
forum, and in the end we settled down to giving those who do the work (the
core moderation team) the tools (support from KDE w/ hosting and the likes) to
create a spot on the web that is flourishing rather than rotting away and a
place for users to go to.
--
sebas