List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE OS
From:       Bernhard =?iso-8859-1?q?Rosenkr=E4nzer?= <bero () arklinux ! org>
Date:       2008-08-21 18:04:24

On Thursday 21 August 2008 18.26:17 you wrote:
> Ark is RPM based, isn't it?

Yes -- our main reason for going with rpm is that rpm packaging is easier to
learn, given it's basically just a shell script with a few tags on top of it.

> But in general I wouldn't care much about the distribution as long as the
> packages are in good condition and for the events use case, the important
> part would be the ready-to-go-profile anyway.

We have the infrastructure to automatically keep it in sync with the
development tree in place:
http://wiki.arklinux.org/Customized_Ark_Linux_CDs

We also have scripts that update all KDE packages to trunk, so keeping it more
up to date than our normal development (once we're about to make a release)
is easy to do.