List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Where to list contributed KDE packages ?
From:       "AJ Venter" <AJ.Venter () datacash ! co ! za>
Date:       2008-08-20 8:03:27

> you can probably find better answers from the release-team@kde.org or
the packagers list (assuming the latter exists >somewhere publicly yet?)

Packagers list ? Are we talking about a mailing list here ? Such a list
would be really useful - especially considering the issues we had
(particularly with 4.0) about packaging in distros - a place for people
who build packages to be able to share t&t's would be great.
No such mailing list is listed on the KDE site, so if it exists should
it not be added ? If it doesn't - wouldn't it be a good idea to create ?

Right now I have a pretty major problem with one package build
(qt-copy). I have an idea I am trying for it, but if this one fails - I
am going to have to send the build backtrace to a list and ask for help
- and I'm not even sure which list is appropriate ? Devel ? A list for
packagers could help people with such things and remove a lot of the
temptation for ugly work-arounds in package builds that come back to
bite KDE in the posterior.

Ciao
A.J.

DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential to DataCash \
Group plc and its group companies. It is intended only for the person to whom it is \
addressed. If you have received this email in error, please forward it to \
info@datacash.com with the subject line "Received in Error". If you are not the \
intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy, print, distribute or rely on \
this email or any transmitted files. DataCash Ltd is registered in England and Wales \
no. 3430157. DataCash Ltd is part of the DataCash Group plc. DataCash Group plc is \
registered in England and Wales no. 3168091. DataCash Ltd and DataCash Group plc \
registered address is Descartes House, 8 Gate Street, London, WC2A 3HP, United \
Kingdom.

Save a tree...Please only print this page if essential