List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE and PR
From:       "Igor Schwarzmann" <schwarzmann () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-08-09 18:38:26

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 6:08 PM, Sebastian Sauer <mail@dipe.org> wrote:
> > Those guys do know technology, they aren't afraid to test,
> > but currently their horizon is OS X or Vista.
>
> probably explicit stat that our goal as FOSS-project is to listen, we are
> waiting for feedback and like to adopt our solution to there needs rather
> then the other way around. So, we like to know what needs to be improved to
> be able to address that for them. That also makes clear, that after a
> 4.1-test a 4.2-test is worth the time cause we try to fix reported glitches
> and that rather soon compared to the both commercial alternates.

That is one of many arguments, but I don't think it should be
the "first one" we should use. Why? Because it's a rather
technical approach. KDE3 was, from a technical perspective
superior to OS X and Vista, but it wouldn't caught the eye of
the targeted group, because it lacked the eye candy, the feeling
of a complete and accessible system. KDE4 is a much more
approachable product from this perspective and that's why we
need to focus on this points - look&feel, accessibility, ... - first.

- Igor.

--
Igor Schwarzmann
Vogteistr. 15