List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] [ANN] QEdje 0.1
From:       "Steve Tose" <stose () comcast ! net>
Date:       2008-08-07 2:36:26

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 5:05 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo@kde.org> wrote:
> On Monday 04 August 2008, Caio Marcelo de Oliveira Filho wrote:
> > We at OpenBossa (opensource stream of INdT) are pleased to announce the
> > first version of QEdje, a library that enables the use of Edje
> > components in Qt4.
>
> we really ought to do a PR bit on this at Akademy. i'd personally hoped this
> release would be made *at* Akademy, but that's ok: the timing is still great
> and we can get a head start on writing up a piece on it.
>
> kde-promo: anyone avialable to write something about this that we can post on
> theDot during Akademy? getting some quotes from Caio and the rest of the team
> should be easy, and we can probably provide a KDE slant to this as we will be
> working on a Plasma wallpaper plugin based on QEdgje during Akademy.
>
> maybe we could write the article with that in mind and when the plugin is
> there and ready (thursday the 14th?) we can drop it with some screenshots and
> screencasts.
>
> below is more information from Caio's announcement:
>
> > Edje is a declarative language that simplifies the development of
> > complex interfaces separating the UI design from the application logic,
> > by providing animations, layouts and simple scripts in a very small
> > memory footprint.
> >
> > We are going to give a talk about QEdje and related research in this
> > year's Akademy "Embedded and Mobile Day"
> >
> > http://akademy.kde.org/events/emmobile.php#efl
> >

> > Some of the developers have written about it, see
> >
> > http://atdrez.wordpress.com/2008/07/19/qedje/
> > http://labs.morpheuz.eng.br/blog/01/08/2008/qedje-init/
> >
> > The project website is
> >
> > http://dev.openbossa.org/qedje
> >
> > and there's also a mailing list, more information at
> >
> > http://groups.google.com/group/qedje
> >
> > The project IRC channel is #qedje at FreeNode.
>

> --
> Aaron J. Seigo
> humru othro a kohnu se

I'd love to do this, when would it need to be done by? Obviously
before the 14th. I'd like to do some research to get comfortable with
it and if there were screenshots or screencasts available before hand
that would give me a better grasp I think. As a non programmer I
wouldn't be able to get any screenshots or screencasts myself.

Steve Tose