List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] 4.1 in the press
From:       "Alexandra Leisse" <alexandra () untangled ! biz>
Date:       2008-08-03 17:07:25

On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks very good.
Thank you! :)

> I wouldn't include the negative one, or should we be non-biassed?

I kept it within the comment-tag, so it won't show.

> KDE 4.1 Review: The Rocky Road of the New KDE misses a space before the link.

corrected.

> Now I'm not sure if this is something we should do, but you probably
> noticed what I said about considering KDE 4 for applications. As it is
> very important for KDE to advance not only our own applications, but
> also create a larger platform, I thought it would be good to mention
> it. Does it belong here? Maybe, maybe not. But I think we should start
> *somewhere* by promoting our platform more verbose. And make a habit
> out of it. So: here's a slightly improved introtext which focusses
> more on this area. As usual, my obsession with innovation shines
> through, but it is one of our major areas of focus right now, I
> suppose that's only good... I further tried to get the word 'future'
> in there, as that's another one ;-)

I like the new intro. So I updated the file. Maybe this page isn't the
perfect place to address any possible developer, but I have no better
idea myself. Plus, it doesn't feel like the completely wron place
either.

Find the updated file attached. :)

> The release of KDE 4.1 has prompted many excellent reviews online.
>
> Users
>
> Blogs and Forums worldwide are full of positive comments and many are
> testing the different packages and livecd's gracefully provided by the
> distributions. The reviewers clearly recognize what we have archieved
> already but also see the future potential in KDE 4. We are very happy
> with this encouraging response from communities worldwide! Of course,
> we also urge everybody to report bugs and help us fix them by sending
> in patches and improvements.
>
> Developers
>
> Consider the <a href="http://techbase.kde.org/Development">KDE 4.x
> foundation</a> for your applications - by using our technology they
> can advance to a higher level. Our platform will help you not only in
> bringing a first-grade experience to your users, be it on any of the
> free operating systems as wel as on Windows, Mac OS X and various
> mobile platforms, but allow you to spend more time on innovating and
> trying new ways of servicing the users. This wil bring the ultimate
> goal of creating a compelling user experience, both in terms of
> intuitive usability and unique features, closer than ever.
>
> Read on for an overview of the reviews.
>
> On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 3:19 PM, Alexandra Leisse
> <alexandra@untangled.biz> wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > Here's what I made up from all the links collected in this thread.
> > Feel free to comment or simply put it online ;)
> >
> > -- Alexandra

["4.1inthepress_v2.inc.php" (application/octet-stream)]