List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] 4.1 in the press
From:       Olaf Schmidt <ojschmidt () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-07-30 13:29:01

Hi,

more news reports about KDE 4.1:

English:

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000121,39454359,00.htm

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080729-kde-4-1-delivers-a-next-gen-desktop-linux-experience.html
 (quote: "The initial doubts and skepticism I experienced when using 4.0 are
completely gone. This is, frankly, what 4.0 should have been. The question
now is whether users who were burned by the inadequacies of the 4.0 release
will give KDE 4 a second chance. I certainly hope so, because there looks to
be a whole lot of room for innovation.")

http://blogs.computerworld.com/kde_4_1_still_isnt_for_me
(quote: "After working with KDE 4.1, the release candidate, for the last few
days, I'm ready to eat some of my words, but not all of them. ... So, to sum
up, KDE 4.1 is faster, more stable and more attractive than KDE 3.5.9. It
still needs the rest of the KDE software family to catch up though before I
can recommend most users give it a serious try for daily use.")

http://www.osnews.com/story/20125/KDE_4_1_Released
("According to the various reviews of beta and release candidates of KDE 4.0
around the web, KDE 4.1 does indeed deliver on a lot of its promises.")

German:

Website of the Austrian television:
http://futurezone.orf.at/hardcore/stories/296506/

Well-known Linux magazine:
http://www.linux-magazin.de/news/linux_desktop_im_aufwind_kde_4_1_ist_da
(translated quote: "Not yet everything is perfect. Those who search for a
stable KDE should continue to go with KDE 3.5. The new KDE 4.1 feels like a
beta version: stable but still with some bugs.")

http://www.pcwelt.de/start/software_os/linux/news/173332/kde_41_ist_fertig/
http://www.pro-linux.de/news/2008/12988.html
http://www.silicon.de/software/business/0,39039006,39194234,00/kde+kehrt+zu+den+massen+zurueck.htm
 http://www.testticker.de/news/2008/07/30/neue_features_f_r_kde