List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo]
From:       Kyle Cunningham <kyle () codeincarnate ! com>
Date:       2008-07-29 22:46:12

Hey Wade,
> The fact that our news site is converting and the process may be
> applied to other sites or herald upcoming refactoring (such as
> planetKDE, etc) is newsworthy alone.
Thanks for the encouraging words, they're appreciated.

> Now, we get more Dot hits during Akademy since many stories are
> generated and linked to...if you were *pretty* close, having it done
> by 8/8-8/12 and driving traffic to a newly skinned site might be nice.

I don't think that's going to happen since it will probably be cutting
it very very close with the final design in any case.  Plus getting
stories moved over, getting configuration right and making sure
everything else is ready to rock.  Plus I'm not sure that it's the best
idea to launch right into things when there is high traffic, a lower
traffic time might be best.  Also, I'll have to work with all of the Dot
editors to make sure they get accounts and can do everything they need
to do.

Beyond that, I'm not exactly sure when to release.  I think for now I'll
play it safe and say sometime in September.  That should be ample time
to make everything nice and polished and ready to rock.

Best Regards,
Kyle Cunningham