List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] =?iso-8859-1?q?Updated=3A_Dot=2ETheme_v0=2E8_-_Releas?=
From:       "Bugs Bane" <bugsbane () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-07-18 21:04:07

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hey all,

I've been emailing back and forward with Kyle regarding a design for the new
dot.kde theme. On Sebas' recommendation I thought I'd let you all take a
look with where it's at. All criticisms and compliments welcome! The
deadline's coming up so now would be a great time! ;)

Changelog (for those who've seen the last rev):
- Removed *all* borders as per request
- Removed story and menu gradients.
- Reduced colours to 2 shades of blue (blue 1 and 5 in the Oxygen pallete),
2 shades of grey, black and white.
- Lightened background from very dark grey to lighter grey and added
gradient at top to keep logo emphasised.
- Recoloured footer text for readability on new background.
- Realigned story icons.
- Removed hilights on sidebar blok titles (Planet Developer, Upcoming Events
etc) and hanged text colour to suit.
- Small colour alteration on story background.

ToDo:
- Replace right sidebar icons with official Oxygen 16 x 16px ones instead of
shrunk 64 x 64px icons.
- Show other sideblocks currently on dot.kde.
- Your suggestions!

Cheers

Bugsbane
PS Someone please tell me (off) if we're not supposed to send files to these
lists!