List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Plasma-related stuff (FAQ, videos and translations)
From:       Luca Beltrame <einar () heavensinferno ! net>
Date:       2008-07-14 17:48:53

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hello,

as the Plasma FAQ is more or less complete for basic usage information, I was
going to ask if a link could be included in release-related stuff (unsure
about the announcement, but in other PR-related material): if that means that
I should write something to be included in such materials, I can say I'm up
for the task.  Where do I sign?

Related to this it would be nice if people could translate the FAQ into other
languages. I believe there is already a Chinese version, but the more the
merrier.

Last but not least, I and Leticia Hernandez have made already  a number of
videos[1], building on sebas' suggestions here and also a few other basic
tasks. It would be nice if people could comment on those (optionally adding
more suggestions for videos) and see if we could also put the versions in
Free formats up somehwere. On that note, my ZUI screencast has already gone
past 1000 views and has generally been well received. I think that such
videos could also be used to dispel the negativity around KDE 4.

[1] http://techbase.kde.org/User:Aikurn/Screencast_coordination