List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] =?iso-8859-15?q?LWN_article_regarding_KDE_4?=
From:       "tackat () t-online ! de" <tackat () t-online ! de>
Date:       2008-07-04 19:42:11

> Indeed. I would like to work on one, but I'm unsure if I will have
> time for it. Maybe this evening, as I won't be going to a work-related
> BBQ cuz I don't feel very well...

If you want to give people like SVJN more chances to write lots of more
articles to gain page hits, just go ahead. I'm pretty sure he'll find
enough points in your rebuttal to stir up things even more.

Personally I don't believe that there is any reason we should do a
reply. If you want to inform people about what's really going on just
write general article about general topics (like QA in KDE, How KDE
treats user  feedback, etc.. Not as a means of reply but to make the
process more transparent). That's a lot more useful than provoking
rebuttals after rebuttals and giving naysayers the chance to voice up.

Most of the people replying to junk articles like this are on a mission
anyways and it won't help much trying to "educate" them: Many of them
stay anonymous (for good reasons I guess), I've even seen some of them
posting openly with a gnome address ( d'oh ) and others just too
obviously have an axe to grind.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080702-the-critics-are-wrong-kde-4-doesnt-need-a-fork.html