List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] We need more Oxygen
From:       "Steve Tose" <stevetose () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-02-21 23:59:16

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 5:55 AM, Martijn Klingens <klingens@kde.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 16 February 2008 15:41, pinheiro wrote:
> > A Saturday 16 February 2008 14:19:42, Kenny Duffus escreveu:
>
> > > the normal way to print tshirts is using screen printing which can only
> > > print very "flat" designs, even with the more expensive (and imho not as
> > > good) transfer printing you would still probably have difficulty getting
> > > the oxygen logo to print decently
> >
> > exactly... go for the mono version.
>
> In the particular case of clothing we can make use of embossing effects,
> embroidering and stuff like that.
>
> For inspiration, look on the website of any fashion brand, or better, go into
> the store. Now is the right time, you can jump right on the new spring
> collection's fashion bandwagon :P
>
> (This of course assumes we want to create fashion rather than the usual
> geekwear...)
>
> --
> Martijn

I don't know of any embroidering technique that uses anything other
than different threads to produce different colors. (not sarcasm, I
don't know much about it.) How would the embossing work, roughly?
The great thing about the oxygen k is that everyone's logos are
simplified to avoid these issues; MS's logo comes closest, but is
still much simpler and even that looks pretty lousy in print.

Last time I saw this issue come up I printed out the logo on high
quality paper with a nice inkjet. It looked good and I firmly believe
high quality stickers and such is the best we can do with this logo.

I was not able to find any examples of fashion clothing with the
oxygen k's complexity. This is why without a specially designed logo
we would likely have to go back to an old k logo I guess.

Steve