List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE 4 release party in chennai (India) Report .
From:       "Jos Poortvliet" <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-27 15:54:42

On 1/26/08, pavithran <pavithran@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am pavithran (ircnick : pavi) from NRCFOSS ( National Resource Centre
> for Free And Open Source Software).
> I organised KDE 4 Release party at NRCFOSS on 20th January at 3 PM Here
> are the details.
>
> We started at 3:15 .People started pouring in ,so I showed KDE 4.0 from
> a kubuntu live cd and made people play with the plasmoids.
> After people came I showed aseigo's video of KDE 4 release in mountain
> view.But could only partially download that day (due to google
> videos :( and unstable connection :( )
> After the video we had some snacks and drinks.
> Then I explained the KDE roadmap in 4 and the underlying technologies
> such as plasma,phonon,solid,kross & akonadi .
> I showed them my build of latest KDE snapshot from SVN . Those people
> were impressed by 4.1 ;) They are waiting for 4.1 :)
> We ended up by giving live cd's to attendees.

tnx for keeping us up to date. I wonder what we could do with this
report (and possibly others) - it's not very suitable for a dot story
because it is just one individual meeting, we'd probably want to cover
them all but that's not really doable I think. Maybe you can blog
about it (and ensure your blog is on planet.kde.org) so it does get
out here and there.

How many ppl turned up?