List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Streaming of Releaseparty at Googles
From:       "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Franz_Keferb=F6ck?=" <franz.keferboeck () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-18 6:41:05

OK, folks, this is a top post, mainly because its of some importance to you:

i got live streaming working!!! I streamed a test video to the server
and watched it at the very same box, with the following side effects:
- it was slow
- it was slow
- it was veeery slow

however, i do have an extremely lame internet connection here, and i
had the up- as well as the download through this connection that
hardly lets me work on the KDE ssh server. We will give this some
definite testing tomorrow morning (read: this evening in europe), and
in case it actually works the way i want it to (read: smooth) i will
send out emails to the event's organisers about half an hour before
the keynote (that'd be 9am local, or 6pm CET), holding the actual URL.

It will be an ogg-theora stream, so we're doing it the open source way through!

have a great day everybody, if i wouldn't have to script the keynote
now i'd really go out celebrate! greets

big thanks to Dirk Müller for providing and helping out with a KDE
server of decent bandwith

On Jan 17, 2008 5:39 PM, Sven Reumann <sreumann@community-org.de> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag 17 Januar 2008 schrieb Franz Keferböck:
>
> > So as for me hearing your concerns, i can not promise anything yet for
> > sure, i need to talk to some people beforehand to see whether a) i can
> > get the camera's output in some usable format and b) whether i will
> > get some powerfull maching from one of out KDE boxes, but i'm aiming
> > to have an ogg stream on air, url only available to the event
> > organisers, so we don't get too much traffic.
> > again, please don't take this for granted, but i got up really early
> > today to play around with different options, and this one looks
> > reasonable, so let's hope for the best i can get it sorted!
> >
> > you'll get to hear from me, promise
>
> thanks for your effort.
>

> Cheers Sven

Franz Keferböck