List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Plasma Video Tutorials - an example
From:       "Joseph M. Gaffney" <cucullin () wtfisthat ! net>
Date:       2007-12-31 2:33:46

Luca Beltrame wrote:
> Il Sunday 30 December 2007 17:31:34 Otávio Souza ha scritto:
>

> > Congrats, but as an tuto. =\ Needs something more...
> > Like, try to use any editor to add legends and not using the Kwrite...
> >

> Can you be more specific? A subtitle?
>

> > Try to put your voice on the video, it's better...
> >

> I'd like to avoid that if possible as I'm not a very good speaker. I could
> provide the text and the video for someone to do the voiceover, though,
> should anyone step up for that.

I can do that now - enough of my audio equipment is up and running to
get some simple audio tracks going on.  I haven't tested to see what
effect my office has on the audio acoustically, but I have enough toys
(and a need to get it set up anyways).

Regarding H.264 (and other codecs), I don't know what the official kde
stance would be, but outside of Theora there is no current working
unencumbered codec besides Dirac (which I havent gotten to play with).
x264 is based on h.264 (which is a standard, but mpeg4 based), then
you've got MS's VC-1.

I could play around with Dirac after New Years (I won't be home after
tonight until the 2nd), though wavelet based compression should work
nicely from low-res through hdtv pretty smoothly (which is why I need to
test it anyways).

-Joe