List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Release event information and a healthy dose of
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-09-18 16:39:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 18 September 2007, Troy Unrau wrote:
> We still have no budget from the KDE e.V., so we have no idea about
> travel considerations.

partly this is my fault as i'm supposed to be helping triage this from the
board's side. that said, we really don't have much in the way of a budget
available for this *and* we don't usually say "ok, here's $N for this event,
figure out how to spend it". instead, the event needs are tabulated and then
we figure out how much of that we can defray and how. so we need to go at
this the other way around and decide how many people we MUST bring in on our
dime, how many people we'd LIKE to, etc and work a budget up from there.

> Nor do we have any official sponsors for this
> event other than Google (sponsoring the hotels and catering, which is
> worth a lot of money when you think about it).  I don't know if there
> was ever a conscious decision not to pursue other sponsors, but that

i think it's the other way around here as well: there was never a conscious
decision to pursue other sponsors.

> Okay, so that's what we're working with so far. When at Akademy, Aaron

i'd like to discuss the rest of this with you off-list, preferably by phone.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se