List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] KDE name tags
From:       "Tobias G. Pfeiffer" <tgpfeiffer () web ! de>
Date:       2007-09-06 21:27:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

Hi!

For promotion events or trade fairs where there is a KDE booth, it's always a
good thing to have uniform name tags for the booth staff, as it looks more
professional. We have to differentiate between:
1. Business cards that developer A can give to user/visitor/maybe-developer B
to give B the possibility to contact A afterwards and
2. Name tags that make it possible to associate person A with a project at
first glance and maybe address him with his proper name.
I think the main difference between the two is a) the font size / readability
from distance and b) the information, as business cards should contain more
personal information.
There are some templates for business cards / name tags in the SVN, but none
of them are really beautiful or useful in my eyes, so I thought it is time to
create some that are :-) Since I think of name tags as more important, I
created a draft for those (see attachment) and would appreciate some comments
of yours. The fonts used are Fontin [1] and Kabel Book [2].
What do you think is an appropriate size for them? The current size as in the
attached pdf is credit card size, which I read is a good format for business
cards.

Bye
Tobias

[1] http://www.josbuivenga.demon.nl/fontin.html
[2] http://www.webpagepublicity.com/free-fonts-k.html

--
follow the penguin...

["nametags-draft.pdf" (application/pdf)]