List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Fwd: Link for you.
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-08-29 18:02:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 29 August 2007, Wade Olson wrote:
> The interview request that I received as the North American press contact
> is complete and posted (link below).

nice interview (says the guy who runs a "painfully efficient" a mailing
list ;) ... it does show that we need to support our public faces with some
better documentation on our numbers:

- an application survey so we can say we have "over N apps" where N is 800 or
2500 or 1250 or whatever

- some sort of data mining on how many contributors we have enjoyed
historically (number of svn accounts that have committed at least once + size
of translation teams (+ some turnover number?) + artist community size (fun
number to pin down) + marketing/management sorts). we will certainly not be
able to get a precise number between we should be able to get within 10-15% i
would imagine

i like how the pillars thing is also coming together. we should have a wiki
page somewhere (spreadkde?) on talking points that covers things like sound
bites for the pillars as well as notes on other highlight areas such as
oxygen, okular, marble, krdc, kdegames, kdeedu .... wade did a good job here,
and we should capture some of his gems. i bet he could also do even better in
future interviews if we added some of our own gems in there too.

in any case, great work wade and ++nice to see another north american actively
engaging the publicity network =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se