List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] the next step?
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-08-28 4:29:46

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 27 August 2007, Steve Tose wrote:
> I would like to post threads at sites like linuxquestions.org and
> slashdot for suggestions on how to's as well as looking at typical
> questions to address. Do we think we should keep our how to plans more
> secretive until launch? Should this roll out for kde4 or right away?

imho:

- no need for secrecy after there is a site that people can contribute to
- it should be rolled out right away as long as it won't take resources off of
things like the 4.0 release marketing management

the things needed to have a site people can contribute to (again, imho):

- the kde documentation team notified so they don't feel they've been end-run
(they probably have good input to offer, even)
- a working wiki with the oxygen style
- a kde subdomain (so sysadmin needs to be alerted and brought onside)
- a basic structure as we did with techbase when it was "devnew" so when
people show up to contribute the chaos is chanelled
- editors (yes, plural. you need at least two people subscribed to the changes
RSS feeds)

it's actually not a HUGE amount of work, it's just a lot of little details.
dominik and danimo did a great job showing how it can be done with techbase.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se