List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] the next step?
From:       Dominik Haumann <dhaumann () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-08-27 19:05:56

On Monday 27 August 2007, Steve Tose wrote:
> On 8/26/07, Dominik Haumann <dhaumann@kde.org> wrote:
> > > i almost also wrote "one could even turn wiki.kde.org into this"
> > > until i looked at (a) how much work that would actually be and (b)
> > > how much off-topic-but-valuable stuff is on wiki.kde.org. howto would
> > > need a new site imho. a name better than howto might be cool as well;
> > > perhaps something that works with techbase. userbase? ;)
> >
> > We are about to setup wikinew.kde.org along with namespaces for
> > projects like Plasma, Kopete, whatever (think of sub-wikis; the main
> > namespace is not writable). Would that be good enough for a Userbase:
> > namespace?
>
> I think the danger might be that wiki's allow too much controversy to
> be rehashed over and over wrt how to guides. I'm thinking of
> proprietary codecs and Automatix, or root logins, or whatever. Do I
> understand correctly that they'll be wiki's for each new project?
>
> --steve

I believe you have a point here. I believe that for every single namespace
we need a maintainer.
Kopete wants a namespace? - Fine, IF they have someone or a group who has
the time to keep an eye on it. Plasma? The same. The same for every
project.
If a project is not maintained it very well can happen that cointent is not
valuable anymore, but then we can still delete a namespace, right? ;)

Dominik