List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Discover is on svn, but nobody commits nor help
From:       "Jos Poortvliet" <jos () mijnkamer ! nl>
Date:       2007-08-25 10:21:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

[Attachment #4 (text/plain)]

On 8/25/07, Sebastian Kügler <sebas@kde.org> wrote:

> On Friday 24 August 2007 19:41:27 Pier-Olivier Thibault wrote:
> > Man I don't know where you've been in the last 6 months, but I don't
> recall
> > myself sitting on this mailing list to just talk and not act.
> Spreadkde's
> > new layout, Discover.kde.org's current layout has been made by me luke
> and
> > some other (Nielsvm and ark_mage2) I don't call this bikeshedding and
> > tailchasing. I think the ones bikeshedding are the ones complaining
> about
> > the work we're doing when using a public ftp to work on the development
> of
> > the website rather than using a svn that takes 45 minutes to refresh the
> > webpage(let me repeat this: 45 minutes to refresh any change we make in
> the
> > HTML code.. that's ridiculous)
>
> I've talked to Dirk about that, he said the discover simply wasn't the in
> post-commit hook so it wouldn't get updated at all. I've emailed sysadmin
> asking if it's fixed now.
>
> As to the other issue: Read through the napoleon thread again and tell me
> it
> doesn't qualify as bikeshedding. :>

I sure was ;-)

On the same note, I've finished integrating the stuff from the old site for
the new one. I must say, imho it's much more complete now. The new text of
course was supposed to be shorter, so I've reworded stuff often, but it IS a
big step forward. Sorry for not doing this earlier (I didn't know how to
access it, now I used websvn which worked great).

Anyway, it's far from ready. Sometimes a bit overdone, maybe, and sometimes
we could elaborate more, I guess.

I think I love some feedback now ;-) Just go through the text, please, and
change to your liking. Don't be afraid to change stuff. I SHOULD put this on
a wiki, but where?

Having a terrible headache (had no sleep tonight thanx to mosquito's and
heat) I might not continue to be productive all day, but I'll try.

--
> sebas

Love, jos