List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] [Kde-events] Linux-Info-Tag in Dresden
From:       "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Franz_Keferb=F6ck?=" <franz.keferboeck () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-08-24 16:35:32

On 24/08/07, Josef Spillner <spillner@kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday 24 August 2007 09:57:07 Franz Keferböck wrote:
> > I'd be happy to do the preparations, setup and kickoff, however i'm
> > not quite "nearby", so i could only come with some e.V. funding and it
> > might be cheaper if somebody closer by could take this over...
>
> According to the aKademy 2005 voting, significant parts of the overall budget
> should be spent on promoting KDE, especially when KDE 4 gets ready [0]. This
> is where we get now. So if money is an issue, please contact the board [1]
> for some assistance and do not let this stop your activities!
> (And this is true for everyone else. Even my colleagues, who work as computer
> science researchers and partially on GUI things, had never heard of KDE yet.
> Spreading the word is an essential task!)

My cautious approach was mainly to say: yes, i'll do it, but if
somebody closer can do it i'm happy to hand over for cost reasons, but
as i could not see any other hands raised yet, so may it be me who's
doing it.

Given that "it's our people" who's in organizing the whole event, has
there anybody done KDE registration already, ... (short briefing would
be great)

greets
Franz

> Josef