List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE 4.0 release party
From:       Eric Krüse <bildvontux () yahoo ! de>
Date:       2007-08-24 2:47:58

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Alright then. I have uni classes during the week so =C

To the person who wanted a North American version of AKademy, I would be willing to \
help.

Wade Olson <wade@corefunction.com> schrieb: On 8/23/07, Eric Krüse  wrote:
> We are releasing in October, why a January party and why in the week?

The party has been scheduled for 12 weeks after the projected release.
 This is to cover:
1) Delays in the actual 4.0 release date
2) Potential 4.0.1/4.0.2/4.1 releases that introduce important changes
3) Holidays in the U.S. start only a couple weeks after the projected
release date.  If we slip at all, attendance might suffer, interest
levels drop, fewer news stories and press releases are launched.
November and December are just not ideal months to have a
well-planned, attended and promoted event in the U.S.
4) Travel becomes much busier, more expensive and prone to hassle
during these times.

Regards to the days of the week, we've discussed potential options
with Google that fits with their schedule, covers our proposed agenda,
and benefits from their experiences hosting other large events from a
timing perspective.

Thanks,
Wade

 Wissenswertes zum Thema PC, Zubehör oder Programme.BE A BETTER INTERNET-GURU!