List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE 4.0 release party
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten.rahn () credativ ! de>
Date:       2007-08-23 17:12:39

On Thursday 23 August 2007 19:01:52 Eric Krüse wrote:
> We are releasing in October, why a January party and why in the week?

Because the October release date is just "wishful thinking" right now. If you
ask me even January is pretty optimistic but I think it could be done with
much effort.

Really, to deliver a desktop that works at least a little bit, you need to
have at least one beta release which has most features working with just
issues to be sorted out. Having looked at the previous Beta 1 we still have
yet to see such a Beta and I'm sure Beta 2 won't be that Beta yet.

Torsten

--
 Torsten Rahn

 Tel.: 0 21 61 - 46 43 - 192

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz