List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Napoleon
From:       Tom Chance <tom () acrewoods ! net>
Date:       2007-08-18 10:06:27

Hullo,

On Friday 17 August 2007 19:26:39 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> in case nobody else points it out, the name is clever because napoleon was
> the little conqueror. and now we laugh.

Just to chip in on Wade's "what's in a good name" theme...

The name is clever to people who know Konqueror and might read the
explanation, or be obsessed enough with European history and KDE to get it. I
don't much like the idea of venerating a warmongering megalomaniac either but
this is just a bit of fun.

However, as the name for what would be a pretty high profile app it's not so
good. None of our new target markets will get the joke or care, and the name
otherwise doesn't conjure up very good thoughts. It'd be fine for an API,
developer's app or something slightly obscure.

At least call it something lame but relevant like the Youtubeinator...

Or not ;-)

Kind regards,
Tom