List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Napoleon
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten.rahn () credativ ! de>
Date:       2007-08-17 15:45:50

On Friday 17 August 2007 17:39:42 Wade Olson wrote:
> On 8/17/07, Torsten Rahn <torsten.rahn@credativ.de> wrote:
> > Still if you think about how many thousands or millions of people died
> > during the battles fought by all the (great) emperors just to move a
> > border on a map to an unstable status quo I think it was "crazy" and
> > "megalomaniac". And it doesn't matter to me which country any of those
> > Emporers came from.
> Bingo - I think it's Marble's duty to pay tribute to those deaths and
> stick it to those konquerors by removing all of those arbitrary
> borders on its maps.

You can do that already. Just choose the legend tab and remove the check
from "Countries" ;-) Or just choose "Earth at Night" or "Satellite View".
Still I regard it rather as a drawback that the "Political Map" is missing.
It's on the TODO for 0.6.

Torsten

--
 Torsten Rahn

 Tel.: 0 21 61 - 46 43 - 192

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz