List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] beta1 release next week
From:       Dominik Haumann <dhaumann () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-08-07 14:00:02

Hi,

I'd like to add some comments with regard to techbase.

On Tuesday 07 August 2007, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.0_Announcements

We have all the KDE announcemence at http://kde.org/announcements/ since
years and it works really well. I think it should stay this way, especially
because 1. it's static content and 2. it should not be changed by anonymous
users who don't know what they are doing.

If I look at [1], [2] or [3] I have the impressions that it's mostly some
links and not real content, which does not belong into techbase.

We have some places where we document for example how to make a release
(somewhere in kdesdk, iirc). Making an announcement is part of a release to
some degree. Maybe we can merge that?

Also, I don't believe that 'how to write an annoucement' is related to KDE4
only, as it's also valid for all other annoucements or KDE (and friends).
Again, I don't consider [1], [2] and [3] to be of much use (right now), it
only adds loads of very small pages, which are more confusing that helpful.

Can we find another solution?

Thanks,
Dominik

[1] http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.0_Announcements