List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] OSCON 2007
From:       "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Franz_Keferb=F6ck?=" <franz.keferboeck () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-06-27 23:29:41

On 27/06/07, Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer@gmx.at> wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 June 2007, Franz Keferböck wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I suppose you're talking bout OSCON as in O'Reilly Open Source Convention
> > in Portland, Oregon. Not the Open Source Conference in Vienna as my first
> > hit on google.at revealed... if the latter was the case i would happily
> > take up responsibility, however, the conference's homepage don't even give
> > a date for the event.
>
> That one is already history (for 2007). The date is "hidden" at the top of the
> page on the right side (March 1st)

I figured later, true. Still, no good to promote information _that_ way...

> The site is really "nice", e.g. the program PDF is being sent as MIME type
> application/x-msdownload
>
> The scope of the conference doesn't make it an target for KDE itself, however
> it would make sense for companies that use/deploy KDE or KDE based solutions.

I found a PDF for 2006 or so in trunk/promo somewhere, that referred
to OSCON vienna, so i just figured it might well be. It was my first
hit, so i got enthusiastic - until realizing that there's some better
OSCON in the US... well, unfortunately i can't do that