List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] now it's really done
From:       Kurt Pfeifle <k1pfeifle () gmx ! net>
Date:       2007-06-27 17:57:31

Wendy Van Craen wrote:

> yes,  I used the standard press-rules for this.
> If you go to a press office to print a book, folder,... you always
> have to consider a left margin of 3,30 cm.  Else you could get
> trouble reading it when the booklet is binded.

Naah, booklet binding surely isn't a valid reason for a 3,30 cm margin
requirement. 1 cm is enough (but of course, there is the other argument:
that of visual impression, if pages are too much crammed).

However, I *don't* know the "standard press-rules" for such things. You
surely know them better. If they prefer to have large margins, it must
be a different reason (like allowing the journalists to take notes on
the printed sheet?).