List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Alpha1 announcement?
From:       Giovanni Venturi <gventuri73 () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2007-05-09 22:06:47

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Alle mercoledě 09 maggio 2007, Sebastian Kügler ha scritto:
> Hi Jos,
>
> On Wednesday 09 May 2007 15:44:34 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> > >
> > > Seems that "jos poortvliet" is working on it. See the "Getting KDE 4
> > > alpha 1" thread here: http://lists.kde.org/?t=117857858600083&r=1&w=2
> >
> > I'd like to mention that Troy Unrau (yeah, you know who) started the
> > 'where to get it' initially, i finished it (contacted the
> > distributions etc) and wrote the second part of the article ('what to
> > check out'). Second, it was NOT meant to be a release announcement,
> > and is not written as such. Of course, it can be transformed into one,
> > but I don't have time to do it, as I'm very busy the next few days.
>
> I'm working on it right now. I'd like to have a couple of screenshots,
> however. Here's my wishlist:
>
> - dolphin (clean with iconview, preferably different filetypes to show
> Oxygen icons) (The current one looks a bit messy which is totally not the
> point of dolphin
> - Okular, showing some pdf file
> - Marble
> - krunner, preferably showing the transparency above some wallpaper
>
> I don't have a kde4 here, but I'd need those screenshots to match the
> messaging (preferably original size, I can do the resizing myself) so they
> look like the others that are already there.
>
> I'm right now working on keymessages and getting the framing of the
> announcement right. Some restructuring might be needed (for example
> starting with the tour and then mentioning how to get it). Also, I don't
> think we can put up one vendor logo, but that seems to be an implementation
> details at this point.
>
> Thanks,

I can do the screenshots if you let me get the text in time to translate it so
to release alpha1, and see the announce on the KDE main website and at the
same time on KDE Italia and on lots possible KDE related websites.
Do you think is it possible? Have we got time?

Giovanni
--
A KDE Italian translator and KSniffer core developer
Slackware GNU/Linux current version - kernel 2.6.21.1