List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] aKademy press team
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2007-04-21 21:05:17

Sebastian Kügler said the following, On 2007-04-20 13:26:

> Who of the Marketing Team / Promo People (whatever you consider yourself :-))
> will be at aKademy this year?

Hello,
Just FYI: I'll be in Glasgow; I am proxy for KDE press team/channel (newly
created) in Poland. I my case that's rather on technical level: there are no
many things performed under 'official' KDE umbrella yet but we'll have
kde.org.pl soon (temp. URL is kde.org.pl/wiki) - a web page that mimicks
kde.org look, feel and translates most important parts of its content.[1]

While I am focused on development of the software in these hot months -- do
not expect me to focus on promo in Glasgow -- I am of course interested in
results of promotion-related Akademy; feel free to tell me what's to do in
terms of plugging PL team to the two-way promo distribution channel :)
Obviously there are people dedicated to high-quality translations (e.g.
translation of The road to KDE4 is well maintaned) and spreading world about
KDE in Poland, and they have recently gathered within kde.org.pl.

[1] in the meantime: there's idea that national teams that have outdated KDE
web pages or willing to refresh them (while KDE3 style becomes obsolete), can
take advantage of our kde.org.pl template, based on techbase.kde.org but
adopted for needs of regular kde.org-like web page;
I am talking about this because I prefer to think that consistent web page
look&feel improve KDE brand's image in particular countries.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek