List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Cygwin KDE on TSE/ICA
From:       Serge Jadot <serge.jadot () laposte ! net>
Date:       2007-04-08 14:15:22

Hello,
I'm supporting KDE with my (too) few means.
I'm working in a "MicroSoft Universe" but we have a lot of Unix servers with
heavy applications as ERP, PDM/PLM, aso.
In our "MicroSoft Universe" we are using as often as possible TSE/ICA.
As we need X11 servers for some old UNIX applications, I had the idea to
install on TSE a CygwinKDE.
So, in that way, I can submit KDE to every people.
It works fine except that I can't open the KDE desktop.
It freezes when the KDE splatch appears.
Please, tell me if other people has tried that solution?
May be, it would be interresting to share ideas about.
Regards,
--
Serge Jadot (PDM/PLM manager)
(perso site) http://hodo.free.fr