List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Decibel Article (Part 1) Released!
From:       Nathan Ogden <nathanogden76 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-02-14 3:38:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Giovanni Venturi wrote:
> Really excellent. Just some general observations...
> In Dublin, during last aKademy I had a BOF on the regional groups
> (http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=regional+groups+%40+aKademy+2006)
> because I'm maintaining the KDE Italian websites (http://www.kde-it.org/), so
> I shared my experience with the KDE regionals groups at the aKademy. The
> thought was to share articles that could be good to have on KDE websites. For
> example I publish on Italian KDE website the very important articles on KDE
> taken from dot.kde.org.
>
> (http://www.spreadkde.org/handbook/local_group_guide/howto_help_kde)
>
> Could be a good Idea to collect this very good news on KDE 4 and its related
> project (Decibel, ...) and let share in time to translate it (in my case in
> Italian) so to publish it all togheter on the related websites. I didn't know
> for example about the article on sonnet on linux.com .

This is fine with me. Also, Tobias (the developer I interviewed for the
Decibel article) said it was fine with him if the Decibel article was
translated.
> Could be useful to organize and do a good communication on the KDE 4 with all
> these article having for example 4-5 days to translate it and than let
> publish it together all around the world? It's quite difficult to collect and
> quickly translate articles. You can send these very important ones to KDE
> italian website with an email to
>
> redazione NOSPAM AT kde-it NOSPAM DOT org .   (remove the uppercase words :) )
>
> I have very few time to give a hand to write a KDE 4 article :( but I will
> take some interview to KDE developers and on KDE 4 related question in the
> next weeks/months. If you want I can send the material here, to the
> dot.kde.org when I will have it.
> Let me know.

I am still learning the processes involved here. What format would you
need/prefer the article to be?

Currently, the articles I work on are posted to the kde promo list for
editing before they are submitted to the dot. Maybe you could have some
input while the article is being worked on.
> All of you are doing a very good work. Go on in this way :) .
>
> Giovanni

Nathan