List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Logo for SpreadKde
From:       Pier-Olivier Thibault <ximaginex () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-01-30 23:06:51

As you all know, SpreadKde is quietly developping it's website and its members
are slowly building what will be the foundation of a new way to promote KDE
to the developers and the marketing people as well.

Since the first meeting last friday, some questions arose like the need for a
logo that would represent the very foundation of SpreadKde. Whereas a lot of
projects have logo and slogan, SpreadKde needs one not only to be identified
throughout the community inside KDE but also to be recognized on the Internet
by anyone who would be interested to join our force (KDE). This is for some
new members that will join some KDE project the very first logo and sight
they'll have on KDE before knowing about it.

While you get the general picture of why we (Luke, Niels and me) think our
logo could be important, I wonder if any of you out there has any kind of
idea about what kind of logo would be appropriate for this project.

As of me, I think we could use a mixture of gears (KDE) and fire (Fire spread
very well..)

Thank you for you time,

Pier-Olivier Thibault