List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] In need for name of a project
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <kossebau () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-01-26 22:34:20

Am Freitag, 26. Januar 2007 23:17, schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> On Friday 26 January 2007 20:32, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 26. Januar 2007 19:19, schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> > > would this framework possibly replace KABC (possibly consuming KABC
> > > as an internal component for vcard reading?) as the preferred
> > > system for contacts storage and retrieval?
> >
> > More or less, yes.
>
> Hmm, in this case won't it be very related to Akonadi? After all,
> Akonadi is supposed to be the storage for all PIM data including
> everything the Contacts framework covers.

Yes, it will.

But I want to work here together with Tobias (who happens to be the maintainer
of KABC and member of the local LUG ;), so saying too much before I had a
chance to meet up with him again and finally talk about things possible and
impossible in more detail might not be wise :) And my knowledge of Akonadi,
especially after the recent decisions in Osnabrück, is close to zero now :)

Friedrich