List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] In need for name of a project
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <kossebau () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-01-26 19:32:05

Am Freitag, 26. Januar 2007 19:22, schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> On Friday 26 January 2007 5:07, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > > is there a "social networking" aspect to this, such that one can \
> > > create relationships between people (groups?) and record various \
> > > types of information?
> >
> > On my sketch is that there can be links between persons, and persons \
> > and groups, and groups and groups, so yes. But I have only a few use \
> > cases,
>
> ok, so the name may want to take into consideration the ideas of fuller
> representation of the individual and networks/relationships between them.

So I think :)

> > > for that matter can someone push their persona out to other
> > > people's models much as we exchange contact information with vCards
> > > today?
> >
> > At last aKademy Torsten Rahn proposed in a discussion to just drop KABC
> > resources and import the addressbook directly from Xing/openBC. Not
> > something I personally would advocate, after all ones contact data \
> > is/can be sensitive. Same with binding to single providers, perhaps an \
> > P2P approach is the better idea anyway. Or both.
>
> yeah, i think this idea has very limited application as well. e.g. i'm
> really not sure how this would work out in most corporate environments.

Limited, but something to prepare as option for those who would like it, if \
 the cost isn't to high and someone does the work, I think.

> > But yes, it is be an interesting idea. I hope that the aspect of
> > synchronizing ones data (partially) with other databases is orthogonal \
> > to the modelling and can be done later/by some who want this :)
>
> i was mostly referring to me being able to send you information from my
> store, much as i can with a vCard now, but with all this extended data on
> the individual.

Given a standardized format, or vcard field names, this should be possible. \
Or  what do you mean by store? Your "company"? Data storage?

> i would assume this would be possible, but i'm wondering if
> this "sharability" is at all intended to be an interesting and core part \
> of the system?

Not sure what you are up here, but the data should be of course
transferable/exchangeable with others? You mean approaches to the problem
that links to other persons or groups cannot make use of uuids, because \
there  is no common id system? Yes, not in the scope right now, but for
import/export something to be solved later.
I try one step after the other :)

Friedrich