List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] In need for name of a project
From:       Dark Apostrophe <darkapostrophe () linuxp2p ! com>
Date:       2007-01-26 18:05:55

Here are some suggestions based on "orchestra"

Philharmony
Beethoven
Percussion
Harmonica
Sax(ophone?)
Pianoforte

> > So my suggestion is "Sinfonia"... Other names expressing the same
> > idea... "Orchestra"... .
> > Olaf

Orchestra is the rapid dev environment in SymphonyOS (a Debian based
distro), which might be too close to use b/c it's not only software,
it's UNIX FLOSS.

If you're looking for an organic name, something about connections,
perhaps something related to coral? ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/coral )
They typically exists in colonies of many individuals, and the ones
known as 'stony corals' create coral reefs over generations by leaving
their calcium carbonate structures behind, and incredibly complicated
ecosystems develop over time living on/in this stuff.

All the related names I could think of sounded like they might be
trouble, like Coral/Koral (it might be too similar to Corel; they
might get mad), or silly, like Polyp.

Maybe someone can think of some other animal that ties together an
entire ecosystem that actually has a cool sounding name that
definitely won't make trouble?

Samuel Harvey