List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] UbuCon
From:       "Joseph M. Gaffney" <cucullin () wtfisthat ! net>
Date:       2007-01-26 16:18:13

The UbuCon [1] New York will be held on Friday, February 16th, 2007 at Google
in NY.  I have asked if there will be KDE participation in the form of
Kubuntu, but without a response yet (to be fair, I only asked this
morning :) ).  If there is not, I have asked if I could bring some KDE and
Kubuntu to the table.

Now this is obviously very soon, the boothbox is out of the question really.
I would, however, like to bring Kubuntu CD's/DVD's, so if we know who might
have a number of these (nicely printed and such) it would be great if I could
get them. Otherwise, I will burn as many of these as I can.

I would also like to bring some KDE 4 to the event, perhaps in the form of
packages of the new snapshot Dirk Mueller mentioned on the release-team
mailing list [2].

So, what I could some help with is:

1) Kubuntu contacts in the NYC area, or Kubuntu persons who will be in
attendance at UbuCon (the day after the LinuxWorld OpenSolutions Summit)
2) Kubuntu packages of the KDE 4.0 dev snapshot should it be done in time,
with some helpful hints on installing (I havent used Kubuntu in a bit due to
some funky issues it has with my hardware)
3) Flyers/Brochures/Whatever.  Whatever we have thats worth handing out.

Its a bit preliminary as I haven't gotten an answer yet, but I doubt there's
any issue with a KDE presence.  So, lets see what we can do :)  If anyone has
any other ideas, I'm all ears - keep in mind its just me right now, so if
anyone else from the area would help too, that would be great!

Thanks

-Joseph M. Gaffney

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TheUbucon
[2] http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/release-team/2007-January/000017.html