List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] new platforms announcement
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-01-16 14:38:41

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 16 January 2007 15:26, Olaf Schmidt wrote:
> When do you plan to publish this?

"When it's ready" ;-)

> I am asking because the Mac port was already explained in a dot story
> today: http://dot.kde.org/1168899755/

I saw that, too. But it had already been posted when I saw it. While I agree
that this is probably not the strongest display of coordination, basically
the same came along in the commit-digest (in that case about Windows
support).

Bottom-line: We need more coordination and at the same time need to get this
kind of stuff out sooner.

> If we want to ensure that the Windows announcement contains the right,
> carefully worded message as discussed on this list, then the marketing team
> should really contact Troy Unrau and the dot editors to ensure that there
> is coordination on it.

Yes, best if we can get him to subscribe to kde-promo. I'll email him.

> But I expect the announcement will also go via the press channel to the
> journalists?

Yes. That's the plan.
--
sebas