List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Getting some structure
From:       Sebastian =?utf-8?q?K=C3=BCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-01-15 21:49:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

We need to get some more coordination going on the kde-promo list, as we're
facing some scalability issues (a good sign!). During the Branding Meeting,
we set out some structure which reflected the different parts of our effort
to create a strong KDE(4) branding scheme.

The problem is that I've somehow lost the exact photo where we put the names
of the people who will be in those respective teams.

Arne has already started setting up the text team, I very much appreciate
this, and I'd like to add that this is completely in line with what we
discussed and decided during the Branding Meeting. If you've anything to do
with writing, sign up with Arne.

The artwork/Oxygen team is doing a terrific job on, well, Oxygen and generally
very helpful and receptive for our artwork needs. Probably one of the best
functioning parts of the whole Branding effort.

The problem right now is that we need to identify the other missing parts. In
order to make it a less hard/guess problem, I've attached one of the photos
I've taken, it's from during the session about the Community Identify and has
the basic elements of branding. We now need to apply this to ourselves, build
teams and have some coordination between those teams.

So here's an incomplete list of what teams we need for a complete effort
(let's first get this right, then fill those items with people, then draft
some sort of mission for those groups):

- Copywriting (texts for websites, dot, basically all promo writings)
- Artwork (that is the Oxygen team)
- PR (press contacts, press releases, press channel, announcements)
- Print material (folders, merchandising)
- Event coordination (own events such as aKademy, also trade shows and
  community stuff such as FOSDEM, LCA and so on)
- ...

Please help out with adding missing items, so we can act more structured and
save some energy.
--
sebas

Ninety eight percent of the adults in this country are decent, hardworking,
honest Americans. It's the other lousy two percent that get all the
publicity. But then, we elected them. - Lily Tomlin

["branding_structure.jpg" (image/jpeg)]