List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] New voices in kde-promo
From:       "Samuel Harvey" <kephnosanagennao () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-12-12 17:32:23

On 12/12/06, Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer@gmx.at> wrote:
> The point is not that it took them months to customize GNOME to their liking,
> but that it took them only one week on KDE.
>
> We always knew that customizabilty is one of KDE's key strengths, now we have
> an independent source to reference if this comes up as a question.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Perhaps we should actually ask them precisely why it took them a
shorter amount of time to configure KDE; as I recall, they seemed to
be under the impression that the shorter configuration time was
because their people gained more experience with *NIX during the GNOME
config time. If we tried to quote them as 'proof' that KDE is more
customizable than GNOME, it could be argued that it is a quote out of
context. If we can just get the right person to answer a few questions
in email (yeah, fat chance... bureaucracy, remember?) then we can
clear it up and _then_ maybe we'll have an independent source to
reference.

Samuel Harvey