List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] French National Assembly switching to Gnu / Linux
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-12-06 19:17:27

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 24 November 2006 18:01, Charles de Miramon wrote:
> You may have read it on Slashdot but the Questeurs of the French National
> Assembly have decided to switch the computers MP use in their office in the
> Assembly (one personal and one for their secretary).
>
>  http://www.assemblee-nationale.fr/presse/divisionpresse/m01.asp#TopOfPage

Of course, nobody on this list reads slashdot. Ever. ;-)

In this case, we should try to find out if the French National Assembly is
going to use KDE, if yes: That's worth a good dot story!

> The Questeurs is a bipartisan committee that controls the practical matters
> of the Assembly life (building, offices, IT, Assembly employees). The
> Assembly is going to be reelected next year but we can hope that the
> decision won't change whatever the next elections results will be.
>
> What precisely will be on these Linux workstations is not decided yet but
> it would be a great symbolic victory if KDE was chosen as the default.
>
> One of the functionalities that will be important in the decision and where
> we can make a difference with Firefox/Thunderbird is that a French MP must
> share his agenda between his Assembly secretary and his local constituency
> secretary. Is this possible easily with Kontact ?

Agenda sharing certainly is possible, but usually this question can't be
answered without having a look at the more general infrastructure.

Cheers,
--
sebas